- Buffalo Springs Lake, 5 miles southeast of Lubbock, Texas, East 50th St. (FM RD. 835)
- June 29, 2013
- 8:30 a.m. (please note that some of the particular details may change)
- Semi-Arid (You don't sweat in the shade!) Average High 90.8 degrees; Average Low 64.3 degrees; Average Humidity 20-35%; Average Wind South 10-13 m.p.h. Note: Due to the extreme temperatures experienced in the 1994 race, (a history making 113 degrees F.), Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon race management has established a policy that we may alter the race based on extreme weather conditions. You will be advised the day before if changes are required.
INDIVIDUAL & Aquabike RELAY
$55.00 USD (Open -12/31/12) $60.00 USD (Open-12/31/12)
$60.00 USD (1/1/13- 4/30/13) $65.00 USD (1/1/13- 4/30/13)
$65.00 USD (5/1/13 - 6/15/13) $70.00 USD (5/1/13 - 6/15/13)
$68.00 USD (6/16/13 - 6/28/13) $73.00 USD (6/16/13 - 6/28/13)
Course DescriptionLetter from the Head Referee
Click Here For Complete Course Map
Click Here For Swim Course Map
Click Here For Bike Course Map
Click Here For Run Course Map
- 500 meter lake swim, USA Triathlon wetsuit rules will prevail.
- Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
- 17.6 miles out & back, mostly flat, 3 climbs, asphalt roads.
- 3.1 miles out & back, flat, some shade, asphalt roads
- AID STATIONS:
- Aid stations will be in transition area & run turnaround. Water, fluid replacement, fruit, sponges, ice, etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area
Slots & Awards
Top 3 or Top 10%, whichever is greater. Also, include masters male and female and grand masters male and female. Approximate time will be 10:30 a.m., at the race site.
- Male & Female Age Groups
- 10 - 11
- 12 - 14
- 15 - 19
- 20 - 24
- 25 - 29
- 30 - 34
- 35 - 39
- 40 - 44
- 45 - 49
- 50 - 54
- 55 - 59
- 60 - 64
- 65 - 69
- 70 - 74
- 75 - 79
- Clydesdale/Athena Division:
- The division for full bodied athletes.200lbs+ for men 150lbs+ Women (Not eligible for Ironman Qualifying slots.)
- Relays: Mixed, Male and Female divisions.
3201 South Loop 289
LUBBOCK, TX 79423
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
$89.00 up to 4 people (Ask for Triathlon Rate)
Buffalo Springs Lake
9999 High Meadow Road
Lubbock, Texas 79404
Phone: (806) 747-3353
Fax: (806) 747-3714
Call Or Visit Website About Camping Information
Ahmed Zaher is a USAT Level II certified coach with 9 years coaching experience. Ahmed’s philosophy is to have fun and train smart. He is a 7 time Hawaii qualifier/finisher and has competed at the Buffalo Springs Lake Ironman 70.3 for 4 times. Ahmed will gladly take the time to discuss a training plan specific to the BSLT course.
Visit www.playtri.com to find out about the Playtri Buffalo Springs Triathlon Camp.