Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon Camp — May 20-21, 2017
This two day intensive triathlon training camp will prepare you for the IRONMAN 70.3 Buffalo Spring race on June 25, 2017. We will swim, ride and run the course as well as coach you through the techniques and strategy to make this your best IRONMAN 70.3 ever!
The camp is designed for the beginner to advanced level triathlete and is limited to 20 people.
SECURE YOUR SPOT >
- Where: Buffalo Springs Lake, Lubbock, TX
- Cost: $200 per person
- Coaches: Dr. Nicole Adams, PhD of Competitive Nutrition Systems; Cam Mencino – Triathlon and Running Coach; Flat Out Tri Club Leaders.
- Included: All race nutrition, Sag Support, Lunch, Dinner, Access to Massage Therapist, Education and Strategy Sessions and Exclusive Training Hat
TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
Friday, May 19th at 6PM
- Welcome Dinner (Location TBD): We will discuss weekend’s itinerary in greater detail as well as a discussion about hydration and nutrition strategy for the course, sponsored by Gatorade Endurance.
Saturday, May 20th
- 7:00am – 8:30am: Buffalo Springs Lake for Open Water Swim – Starting, sighting and turning buoys. Scott Burris
- 8:30am -10:00am: Snack – Including Bike Course Talk
- 10:00am – 3:00pm: Bike SAG, Water and Nutritional Support on the 70.3 Course Scott Burris
- 3:00 pm – 4:00pm: Hydration and Lunch
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm: Free time – Schedule Massages, etc.
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm: Dinner – Recap of the day’s events, round table discussion with staff coaches regarding race strategy, concerns, etc.
Sunday, May 21st
- 7:00am – 8:30am: Buffalo Springs Lake for Open Water Swim – Race Strategy and Specificity
- 8:30am – 9:00am: Snack and Run Prep
- 9:00am – 12:00pm: Run the IM70.3BSL Course – with SAG, Water and Nutrition Scott Burris
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm: Lunch and Stretching Session with Final Discussion: “Master Your Metal Game” A discussion of mental skills to help you race your best
Practice Racing by Racing
The Buffman and Squeaky Olympic Distance Triathlon on May 7th is also an excellent training opportunity for the IRONMAN 70.3 Buffalo Springs event and will give you special insight into the mental and physical aspects of the course.