OLYMPIC DISTANCE – SPRINT DISTANCE – KIDS TRI
LATE REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP
When: Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
Nike Factory Store
2910 W Loop 289 #805
Lubbock, TX 79407
Buffalo Springs Lake, 5 miles southeast of Lubbock, Texas, East 50th St. (FM RD. 835)
Sunday, May 19, 2019
(please note that some of the particular details may change)
Semi-Arid (You don’t sweat in the shade!) Average High 90.8 degrees; Average Low 64.3 degrees; Average Humidity 20-35%; Average Wind South 10-13 m.p.h. Note: Due to the extreme temperatures experienced in the 1994 race, (a history making 113 degrees F.), Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon race management has established a policy that we may alter the race based on extreme weather conditions. You will be advised the day before if changes are required.
Course Maps & Descriptions
SWIM: 1500 meter lake swim in the Buffalo Springs Lake, USA Triathlon wetsuit rules will prevail.
Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
BIKE: 40 km out & back course within the canyons surrounding the lake. Course is mostly flat with 5 climbs on asphalt roads.
RUN: 10 km out & back course that is pancake flat. The tree lined neighbourhood roads offer nice shade and the finish line will be pumping music and cheers to welcome all athletes home.
- 500 meter lake swim, USA Triathlon wetsuit rules will prevail.
- 17.6 miles out & back, mostly flat, 3 climbs, asphalt roads.
- 3.1 miles out & back, flat, some shade, asphalt roads
- AID STATIONS:
- Aid stations will be in transition area & run turnaround. Water, fluid replacement, Gu, sponges, ice, etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area
100 M/200 M
The Open Water Swim is straight across the shallow portion of the inlet at Sandy Point Beach. We will have lifeguards standing in the water beside the swimmers. The swimmers will be following a lane rope to guide their swim. If a swimmer needs to stop and rest they can hold onto a lifeguard or rope or touch the bottom to rest.
5 km/10 km
Out and back bike course on flat, asphalt roads.
KIDS Participant Divisions
RACING AGE SWIM BIKE RUN
|5-6 Youth||100 m||5k (3.1 miles)||1k (.6 mile)|
|7-8 Youth||100 m||5k (3.1 miles)||1k (.6 mile)|
|9-10 Youth||100 m||5k (3.1 miles)||1k (.6 mile)|
|11-12 Youth||200m||10k (6.2 miles)||2k (1.2 miles)|
|13-15 Youth||200m||10k (6.2 miles)||2k (1.2 miles)|
Aid stations will be in transition area & run turnaround. Water, fluid replacement, Gu, sponges, ice, etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area.
Top 3 or Top 10%, whichever is greater. Also, include masters male and female and grand masters male and female. Approximate time will be 12:30 p.m., at the race site.
Male & Female Age Groups
KIDS AGE GROUPS
- 5 – 6
- 7 – 8
- 9 – 10
ADULT AGE GROUPS
- 10 – 12
- 12 – 14
- 15 – 19
- 20 – 24
- 25 – 29
- 30 – 34
- 35 – 39
- 40 – 44
- 45 – 49
- 50 – 54
- 55 – 59
- 60 – 64
- 65 – 69
- 70 – 74
- 75 – 79
- Physically Challenged
- Clydesdale/Athena Division:
Weight Class Division. In events where a weight class division is different, the minimum weight shall be 220 pounds for men and 165 pounds for women, monitored by the event organizer. The weight class age categories for men and women shall be 39 years of age and under and 40 years of age and over. Participants are not eligible to complete in a weight class division and in an age group division at the same event.
- Relays: Mixed, Male and Female divisions.
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2009 Age Group
- 2008 Age Group | 2008 Overall
- 2007 Age Group | 2007 Overall w/ Splits | 2007 Teams
- 2006 Age Group | 2006 Overall w/ Splits
- 2005 Results
- 2004 Results
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- 2010 Photos
- 2009 Photos
- 2008 Photos
- 2007 Photos
- 2006 Photos
- 2005 Photos
Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon Camp — May 18-20, 2018
This three-day intensive triathlon training camp will prepare you for the IRONMAN 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake race on June 24, 2018. The camp is based around developing your race plan for the Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake triathlon and ends with practicing your race plan in the Buffman & Squeaky Olympic distance triathlon. You will swim, ride and run the course. You will climb the infamous hill just outside of transition. The camp coaches will guide you through the techniques and strategies to make this your best IRONMAN 70.3 ever!
The camp is designed for the beginner to advanced level triathlete.
- Where: Buffalo Springs Lake, Lubbock, TX
- Cost: $340 per person until January 31; $400 February 1 – March 31; $475 April 1 to closing date of May 12.
- Coaches: Triple Threat Tough
- Included: All training nutrition, SAG, Education and Strategy Sessions and SWAG. The camp is coached by professional triathlon coaches from Triple Threat Tough. The swim is supported with kayaks and a buoy course laid out. There will be full support on the bike course including roaming SAG and aid stations. The run will be supported with aid stations and roaming SAG. *Accommodations and meals not included.
TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
- Friday, May 18th
- At Hotel conference room
- 7:00 – 7:30 – Introduction and Camp Schedule
- 7:30 – 8:00 – Clinic – Race plan development
- 8:00 – 8:30 – Clinic – Planning nutrition for the weekend
- At the Park
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Clinic – BSLT transition layout
- 10:00 – 10:30 – Clinic – Open Water Swim starts
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Open water swim on BSLT swim course
- 11:30 – 12:30 – Run hill repeat workout on BSLT run course
- 12:30 – 2:30 – Lunch on own
- At Spiral staircase hill
- 2:30 – 3:00 – Clinic – Hill climbing technique
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Bike hill repeat workout on BSLT bike course
- 4:00 – 4:30 – Brick run
- 6:00 – 8:00 – Dinner; BSLT course description and discussion
- At Hotel conference room
- Saturday, May 19th
- At the BSL Park
- 6:30 – 7:00 – Clinic – Diaphragmatic breathing
- 7:00 – 11:30 – Ride the BSLT bike course
- 11:30 – 1:00 – Lunch on own
- 1:00 – 2:00 – Open water swim on BSLT course
- 2:30 – 4:30 – Run the BSLT run course; 1 or 2 loops
- 6:00 – 8:00 – Dinner; Race plan discussion; closing remarks
- At the BSL Park
- Sunday, May 20th
- At the hotel
- 6:30 – 7:00 – drive to BSL Park
- 9:00 Buffman and Squeaky Olympic Distance Triathlon race
- At the hotel
TRAINING CAMP ACCOMODATION
The 2018 Buffalo Springs Lake Training Camp host hotel has also come onboard with a special training camp rate of $89 per night! Please note that this is the same weekend as graduation, so
the sooner you book the better. When booking call Blake at 806-740-9946. Please mention Triple Threat Tough and that you are a triathlete coming in town for the training camp to access your special nightly rate.