LATE REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP
May 30, 2015
3:30pm-6:30pm Registration & Packet Pick Up
INDIVIDUAL & Aquabike
$55.00 USD (Open -12/31/14)
$63.00 USD (1/1/2015-5/10/15)
$65.00 USD (5/11/15- 5/30/15)
$60.00 USD (Open – 12/31/14)
$68.00 USD (1/1/15- 5/10/15)
$73.00 USD (5/11/15 – 5/30/15)
Buffalo Springs Lake, 5 miles southeast of Lubbock, Texas, East 50th St. (FM RD. 835)
May 31, 2015
9:30 a.m. (please note that some of the particular details may change)
Semi-Arid (You don’t sweat in the shade!) Average High 90.8 degrees; Average Low 64.3 degrees; Average Humidity 20-35%; Average Wind South 10-13 m.p.h. Note: Due to the extreme temperatures experienced in the 1994 race, (a history making 113 degrees F.), Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon race management has established a policy that we may alter the race based on extreme weather conditions. You will be advised the day before if changes are required.
- 500 meter lake swim, USA Triathlon wetsuit rules will prevail.
- Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
- 17.6 miles out & back, mostly flat, 3 climbs, asphalt roads.
- 3.1 miles out & back, flat, some shade, asphalt roads
- AID STATIONS:
- Aid stations will be in transition area & run turnaround. Water, fluid replacement, Gu, sponges, ice, etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area
Top 3 or Top 10%, whichever is greater. Also, include masters male and female and grand masters male and female. Approximate time will be 11:30 a.m., at the race site.
Male & Female Age Groups
10 – 11
12 – 14
15 – 19
20 – 24
25 – 29
30 – 34
35 – 39
40 – 44
45 – 49
50 – 54
55 – 59
60 – 64
65 – 69
70 – 74
75 – 79
Weight Class Division. In events where a weight class division is different, the minimum weight shall be 220 pounds for men and 165 pounds for women, monitored by the event organizer. The weight class age categories for men and women shall be 39 years of age and under and 40 years of age and over. Participants are not eligible to complete in a weight class division and in an age group division at the same event.
Relays: Mixed, Male and Female divisions.
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2009 Age Group
- 2008 Results – Age Group | 2008 Results – Overall
Buffalo Springs Triathlon Camp :: May 28th–31st, 2015 :: Lubbock, TX
This camp targets the IRONMAN 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake and is also an excellent opportunity to gain insightful training and knowledge of open water swimming, biking, running, transitions and race nutrition for any 70.3 or Half Iron distance race. The camp is designed for the beginner to advanced level triathlete and is limited to 35 people per session. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.
Ahmed Zaher is a USAT Level II certified coach with 10 years coaching experience. Ahmed’s philosophy is to have fun and train smart. He is a 7 time Hawaii qualifier/finisher and has competed at the Buffalo Springs Lake Ironman 70.3 for 4 times. Ahmed will gladly take the time to discuss a training plan specific to the BSLT course.
Visit the PLAYTRI website to find out more information concerning the Playtri Buffalo Springs Triathlon Camp.